Bajaj’s 100 cc Discover to be launched very soon

Bajaj Auto is coming back into the 100 cc commuter motorcycle market with an extensively redesigned and refitted version of its Discover brand next week.

Bajaj Auto managing director Rajiv Bajaj spoke to the Media on why he has denied the 100cc plans before. 

Excerpts:

You have said earlier that the 100 cc market does not interest you, as the margins are low. Are you changing your strategy?

We are not changing our strategy. The 100 cc market has got numbers. All we wanted to do was give the commuter a choice, more value for money. We have no choice but to have substantial share here.

But you have denied the plans earlier. Do you admit that you failed to read the market?

I agree we should have moved earlier. The delay is not because we did not understand the need. I could not have launched a motorcycle without having started to plan it two years back. The result is the new Discover to be launched next week. But I cannot talk about it. I cannot give away my plans to my competitors.

iz0xsy [IMG – Bajaj Discover 125cc]

No comments:

Post a Comment