The much awaited pocket Superbike from Bajaj-Kawasaki, the Ninja 250R is finally here at a price tag that may not please many – Rs 2,69,970 i.e Rs 2.69 Lakhs.
Some details from the launch -
- Colors Available are only Green & Black
- It will be imported as CKD from Thailand and will be assembled at Bajaj’s plant at Chakan (an 11% CKD duty will be imposed on the bike)
- Ninja will be available exclusively across 22 PBK (probiking) showrooms across the country, with more to come. It’ll only be serviced at Probiking showrooms, which is quite obvious. First consignment of Ninjas, which contains 50 bikes, have already reached PBK Showrooms.
- The booking amount for the Ninja is Rs 40,000
- The Bike Produces a Power of 33ps @ 11000 RPM, 22NM @ 8200 RPM
- There is also a carburetted version of the Ninja, but it wont be coming to India
- Suspension: 37 mm forks, Uni-Trak rear with 5-way preload adjustment.
- The brakes at the front & rear are 290 mm & 220 mm discs respectively.
- Tyre Size for Front & Rear – 17 inch 110/70, 17 inch 130/70 Respectively
- Kerb weight is 172 kg
- Expected Mileage is 25-30 kmpl, no Official word on it, though.
- Six Speed Gearbox
- Bajaj plans to sell 800-1000 Ninjas by the end of this Fiscal.