Tata will soon be launching a new variant of the Indica Vista – the Indica Vista Ignis. Ignis would be the 4th Indica Vista variant in the lineup after Aqua, Terra and the Aura.
It will be having 95 PS 1.4 Litre Safire petrol engine (which also powers the Fiat Grande Punto) This will be a welcome move by Tata because earlier, many Potential Buyers of the Indica Vista rejected the option because of the smallish 1.2 Litre Engine. According to the sources, the new Indica Vista Ignis will have a mileage of about 16.5 kmpl.
Apart from the Engine, there are many new features in the Ignis which will attract the buyers in this Segment –>
- Two airbags - one each for the front passenger and the driver
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Reworked Dashboard with a svelte music system which also has Bluetooth connectivity - as ushered by the call answer and reject buttons as well as a USB port
- Better Interiors (Abundance of Black)
- Newly designed Steering Wheel to accommodate the airbag and steering mounted controls for the audio system.
- Electrically Adjustable Rear View Mirrors
- Keyless Entry
- Chunky 175/65 R14 Goodyear GT3 Tyres
- ABS badge, probably a badge indicating engine capacity and the 'Ignis' badge on the sides.
The Vista Ignis is Expected to be Priced between Rs 4.5 to 5.0 Lakhs (Ex-Showroom, Delhi)